Sunday, May 10, 2009

1st to Die - James Patterson

My first review. :)

The story revolves around Lindsay Boxer, a homicide detective for the San Francisco Police Department. A serial killer's out murdering newlyweds and well, it's up to our heroine to solve the crime. As the story goes on, she recruits three of her friends (Claire, Cindy, and Jill) to help her, hence, forming the Women's Murder Club.

Since I really loved Patterson's Maximum Ride, I said to myself, "Why not try one of his other books?" So I did. And yes! I loved it! It's full of twists, so much so that it'll keep you guessing all throughout reading it. Seriously, I skipped lunch just to finish this one! :p

Patterson's style of keeping the chapters short and packed helped in keeping the story fast-paced and lessening the 'boredom' factor (if any) that a book can tend to have. The subplots also went well with the story, and enhanced its appeal with the readers (at least for me).

This is the first book in James Patterson's Women's Murder Club series, and coincidentally, the first thriller novel I've read. And boy, was that a great first! :p

BTW, the Women's Murder Club apparently is being adapted into a TV series. Anyone seen it yet? I do hope it lives up to (even just a fraction of) the book.

P.S. Go pick up a copy, NOW!

Plot: 4.5/5
Writing: 5/5
Book Love: 4/5

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails