Saturday, May 23, 2009

2nd Chance - James Patterson

This is the second installment (as the title implies) of the Women's Murder Club series. Lindsay, Claire, Cindy, and Jill come back to expose yet another serial killer in San Francisco. As the killing spree goes on, the pattern of the killer's targets become evident. But Lieutenant (yes, you read it right) Lindsay Boxer thinks it's something more. And as the killer continues to leave more clues, the stronger she believes her hunch to be true.

****
I've just finished reading this book so I went ahead and wrote this before I forget what I have to say about it. So, what about 2nd Chance? Well, I liked the first book, 1st to Die, more. The previous book was able to squeeze out more chills and squeals from me. But that's to be expected. The second book rarely does better that the first one, right? Plus, there's the novelty factor. Still, it's a good read. I mean, it's written by James Patterson! You can't possibly go wrong with that! (I'm biased, I know!) But seriously, the man's a genius! Once you think you have him figured out, he just goes ahead and completely turns the story around. I'm loving him more and more. :)

With that, I'm off to search for the next book! If you live in the Philippines, do tell me if and where you've seen a copy of James Patterson's 3rd Degree!

Plot: 3/5
Writing: 5/5
Book Love: 3/5

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails