Sunday, May 24, 2009

Evernight - Claudia Gray

Bianca is devastated when her parents decide to move out of their current home and teach at the Evernight Academy, where she's to become a student. She hates the academy's eerie atmosphere, as well as the students, who all seem to be perfect and, quite scary, actually.

Then she meets Lucas, a fellow student at Evernight, who seems so very different from the others, with whom she feels a connection with. But both of them have their own secrets, which can very well end whatever they have together, and possibly make their being together impossible.

****
I first heard about this book from the TCP forum, where everyone (well, not everyone) was raving about it. Thus, everytime I went inside a bookstore, I would perseveringly look for it, despite the store's sometimes un-alphabetical ordering of the books. And yes! After a month or so of searching for it, 4 copies appeared on one of the stores I frequent.

Enough of that. haha. I guess you'd only like Evernight if you like these mystery/teen love story reads. If you think it's a waste of time, then don't read it. As for me, well, I did like it since I am one of those people. Okay, then. One of those TWILIGHT people. :p I couldn't help but fall for Lucas. I really like dark, brooding, and gorgeous (and let's not forget fictional) men! I can't really say that Bianca's one of my favorite heroines, (she doesn't have that much of a big, I-am-the-center-of-this-story kind of presence) though she's not all that bad.

I hate comparing novels (I just think each one is different and should stand on its own), so I won't! :)

****
And yeah, I saw a copy of Evernight's seqel, Stargazer a couple of days ago. Hardbound. So of course, I didn't get to buy it. It costs 615 or 645 pesos! Aaaah! When will they release the paperback version?!

Waaaaah.

Plot: 3/5
Writing: 4/5
Book Love: 3/5

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails