Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Everything Austen Challenge - Count Me In!


This was recommended to me by Velvet of vvb32 reads. You all probably know that I love Jane Austen (just look at my username) so why not join, right?

So, how do we do this? :)

The Everything Austen Challenge is hosted by Stephanie's Written Word and will run from July 1, 2009 – January 1, 2010. You just have to pick 6 Austen-themed/related things that you want to do to complete the challenge. It can be reading Austen's books or Austen-inspired books and movies. For more details, just head on over to her site.

So here are mine:

Books

Pride, Prejudice & Zombies by Sean Grahame-Smith
Confessions of a Jane Austen Addict by Laurie Viera Rigler
Rude Awakenings of a Jane Austen Addict by Laurie Viera Rigler
The Unfinished Works of Jane Austen: Lady Susan, The Watsons, Sandition

Wah. I hope I find copies of these. :p

Movies

Becoming Jane
Persuasion

There you have it. If you'd like to join in on the fun, by all means, do so! :)

8 comments:

Shona said...

I read Lady Susan recently.But loved it nonetheless. Good Luck for the challenge

thewrittenword said...

Thanks for joining in on my challenge!!

austenfan said...

@shona: Thanks! I'm sure I'll love it too. :)

@thewrittenword: Sure thing, I love this challenge! :)

Jessica (BookLover) said...

This looks like such a fun challange! Good luck!

naida said...

This is going to be a fun challenge :O)
I just finished Rude Awakenings and I read Confessions last year, both are great.

http://thebookworm07.blogspot.com/

austenfan said...

@jessica: Yes, it is! Hope you can join as well.

@naida: You've already started with the challenge? That's great! I'm envious. LOL.

Joy said...

Ha, what a neat idea for a challenge. I read P&P for the first time this spring (I know, I know) and my friends dragged me off to an all-night marathon of the BBC miniseries. So much fun ;)

austenfan said...

@joy: Haven't watched an episode of the BBC miniseries, but I should though! :p

Related Posts with Thumbnails