Sunday, June 14, 2009

Shadow Kiss (Vampire Academy 3) - Richelle Mead

In Shadow Kiss, Rose is still getting to cope with the recent Strigoi attack that she and her friends faced. Adding to her worries are Adrian's persistent come-ons, the upcoming guardian field experience (I'm not sure about term, OME, I forgot! Sorry about that.), and the strange hallucinations that she suddenly has from time to time.

As Lissa trains on developing her magic, Rose discovers just how deep her connection to Lissa is, and how it affects both of their lives.

****

That was such a short and vague description. What can I do? I'm too worried about giving the plot away in case you guys haven't read it yet. :)

Among the three books in the series so far, this is the best one yet. The plot thickens. Whoa, does it thicken! After finishing it, I was just staring off into space, wondering what's gonna happen next.

I love how all the characters just seem to mature more and more, Rose more so than the others. And for all the Christian Ozera fans (like me!) out there, he's got more exposure here (though I still don't think that's enough). Eeeek! Don't you just love that name, Chris-ti-an-O-ze-ra - I mean, really! Could any name be sexier?! Okay, enough of that. :p

If you haven't read this one yet (and if you've read the first two books), you must must must must!

My only complaint/s, aside from the more Christian Ozera thing, is/are the misspellings everywhere. It can get irritating, especially since it's (or they're) present almost althroughout the book. Of course, it isn't Richelle Mead's fault, but her editor's. I really do hope the fourth book's free of such mistakes! And speaking of the fourth book, the cover's out! And it looks great!


To be released on August 25, 2009! I can't wait!

Plot: 4.75/5
Writing: 4/5
Book Love: 5/5

4 comments:

debbiesworld said...

I love this series! But Dmitri is my favorite :) I can't wait for Blood Promise to come out.

austenfan said...

Hi Debbie! Yeah, love Dimitri too. Wonder what's gonna happen to him and Rose in the next book. Hmm.

Taschima Cullen said...

I want that book sooo badly!! I think we should keep in touch more ^^

You got some sweet reads here and Im all about the fiction also!

Not a lot of bloggers that I know of are more about fiction than non-fiction... well check it out

www.bloodybookaholic.blogspot.com

* Im having a challenge for an ARC copy of Eyes Like Stars, its a great fiction book ^^

austenfan said...

@Taschima: Hey, thanks for dropping by! Checking out your blog now. :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails