Thursday, June 11, 2009

They Satisfy My Book Love

These are where I mostly get my beloved books!

Note: All are located in the Philippines. :)

National Book Store

Yes, of course, NBS is probably the most popular bookstore in the country. Actually, scratch probably. Undoubtedly, it is the most frequented among the well, quite limited, other bookstores here. As it's the oldest and has the most number of branches nationwide, that's not much of a surprise.

As for the books, hmm, I'm not really a fan of National Book Store. I don't know, it seems like whenever I search for a particular book, they've always run out of stock. Plus, they seem to concentrate more on selling school and office supplies their books have taken a back seat. But then again, I guess it depends on the store branch. I'm pretty sure you can find a wider array of books over at their store in Cubao (which I guess must be the main branch). However, the thing that I like with NBS is that they sell their books for a relatively lower price. So make sure that you check here first before rushing on to the other shops!

Fully Booked

What can I say? My favorite store ever! I just LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE Fully Booked! There are a lot of books available, and I do mean A LOT! :p And they're neatly arranged, so you can easily find what you're looking for. Their staff is super attentive and knowledgeable. I mean it. Just ask for a book and bam! - they know what you're talking about.
One thing I'd really like from them, but which I can't afford, is their discount card! 10% off on cash purchases! Wow. But of course, they don't give that out easily. The card costs 700-you-have-got-to-be-kidding-me-pesos! What the heck, right?! I could probably buy two more books with that. Anyway, if someone out there is kind enough to gift me with one... haha, yeah, right.

Also, you've got to check out their Bonifacio Global City branch. The best store in the country (or among all I've been to)! I'm not sure but I think they restock more frequently than any other store here cause there's just lots and lots of books there. It's overwhelming, really. *sigh* LOL.

Powerbooks

Powerbooks is somewhere in between Fully Booked and National Book Store in terms of their available books. At times, I'd find something I wasn't able to spot at the other stores here. But that's pretty rare. Also, the books seem to be more expensive here compared to NBS and Fully Booked (with Fully Booked, not that much of a difference). The atmosphere is like Fully Booked though, a bit quiet and relaxing. Reading (opened and a bit tattered) copies of books is allowed (at least the one over at Glorietta); or maybe it's not and they just didn't bother to reprimand me and the other people doing the same thing. LOL. Oh, and they also have a sort of 'rewards program card' (is that even the correct term?) - the Powercard, which you can purchase for 40 pesos if you're a student! :)

Book Sale and Books For Less

These two stores sell used books for, obviously, lower prices. But I find it really hard to look for books here as they don't seem to be arranged in any manner at all. With patience and a good eyesight though, you might get that coveted book at even half the price of the brand new one! So yeah, do that. :)

2 comments:

Kaye said...

Hi, I love to shop at Fullybooked too.

austenfan said...

Hi Kaye! Another Filipino book lover! I visited your blog, by the way. Lots of really cute YA book reviews over there. :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails