Sunday, August 30, 2009

In My Mailbox

I've seen a lot of blogs doing this but this will my first time to participate. :)

In My Mailbox, hosted by Kristi of The Story Siren, showcases books you've received, bought or borrowed w/in the past week.

I'm super psyched by the books I bought this week (w/c is primarily why I decided to join on IMM)! :D

Cross My Heart and Hope to Spy by Ally Carter

Cammie Morgan may have a genius IQ and attend the best school in the country, but as she starts the spring semester of her sophomore year there are a lot of things she doesn't know. Like will her ex-boyfriend even remember she exists? And how much trouble did she really get in last semester? And, most of all, exactly why is her
mother acting so strangely?

All Cammie wants is a nice, normal semester, but she's about to learn her greatest lesson yet—that when you go to a school for spies, nothing is ever as it seems.

It's the sequel to I'd Tell You I Love You, But Then I'd Have To Kill You, w/c I'd just reviewed! :)






The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins

Katniss is a 16-year-old girl living with her mother and younger sister in the poorest district of Panem, the remains of what used be the United States. Long ago the districts waged war on the Capitol and were defeated. As part of the surrender terms, each district agreed to send one boy and one girl to appear in an annual televised event called, "The Hunger Games." The terrain, rules, and level of audience participation may change but one thing is constant: kill or be killed. When Kat's sister is chosen by lottery, Kat steps up to go in her place.

I've heard A LOT of good things about this and it feels like I'm the only one who hasn't read it yet so yeah, I'm really excited to read this!





The Demon's Lexicon by Sarah Rees Brennan

Nick and his brother, Alan, have spent their lives on the run from magic. Their father was murdered, and their mother was driven mad by magicians and the demons who give them power. The
magicians are hunting the Ryves family for a charm that Nick's mother stole -- a charm that keeps her alive -- and they want it badly enough to kill again. Danger draws even closer when a brother and sister come to the Ryves family for help. The boy wears a demon's mark, a sign of death that almost nothing can erase...and when Alan also gets marked by a demon, Nick is desperate to save him. The only way to do that is to kill one of the magicians they have been hiding from for so long.
Ensnared in a deadly game of cat and mouse, Nick starts to suspect that his brother is telling him lie after lie about their past. As the magicians' Circle closes in on their family, Nick uncovers the secret that could destroy them all.
This is the Demon's Lexicon. Turn the page.

Sounds interesting as well. :)

The Geek Magnet by Kieran Scott

Everybody loves KJ. Especially the geeks. See, KJ Miller is super nice, smart, pretty, the stage manager of her high school’s spring musical . . . and a total geek magnet. She’s like the geek pied piper of Washington High, drawing every socially clueless guy in a five-mile radius. If only Cameron, the hottest guy in school, would follow her around and worship her the way her entourage of dorks do. Enter Tama Gold, queen of the popular crowd, and solution to all of KJ’s problems. KJ is too nice, and the nice girl never gets the guy. Tama’s ready to help KJ get cruel, ditch the dorks, and win Cameron’s heart. But is KJ?

The cover just looked so cute I had to buy it! :)




13 comments:

bookalicious said...

Great books - I especially like the sound of The Geek Magnet, lol!

Lovely blog - I'm already a follower. :)

Kate said...

Great looking books. I still need to read The Hunger Games. I am so behind on my reading.

The Book Girl said...

Welcome aboard! I've heard great things about The Demon Lexicon! And Geek Magnet looks adorable :-). Happy reading!

Lizzy said...

I loved the Hunger Games (of course, who hasn't?). I also can't wait to read The Demon's Lexicon, which looks like an interesting read. Enjoy your books!

So Many Books, So Little Time said...

The Hunger Games is phenomenal. Read it first!

Jaime said...

I want to read Hunger Games! Lots of good books! Enjoy!
My In My Mailbox is up Here

Allison said...

I still need to read The Hunger Games, too! Enjoy :)

Ravenous Reader said...

Awesome books this week. The Hunger Games is my favorite read for 2008, brutally brilliant. You will think about it long after you have read it.

Enjoy your reads :)

Book Chick City said...

I really like the sound of The Demon's Lexicon. Happy reading! :)

austenfan said...

Thanks everyone for dropping by! Yep, I think I'm gonna start w/ The Hunger Games since I've yet to read a less-than-amazing review of it. :)

What We're Reading! said...

I haven't read The HUnger Games yet either! I hope we both like it!

Lana said...

Wow! Geek Magnet looks really cute! I'm looking forward to hearing what you think of it :)

austenfan said...

@what we're reading: I just got a copy of Blood Promise so I had to delay reading The Hunger Games. Wah, need to get back to that soon!

@Lana: Yes, it does look cute. Will review it as soon I as I finish reading it. :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails