Wednesday, September 16, 2009

BBAW: Me and My Reading Habits

EDITED: Okay, silly me. I didn't get to read that part in the BBAW blog that says I should try to answer in five words or less. :p

Do you snack while you read? If so, favorite reading snack?

Rarely. If I do eat while reading, it's probably just a sandwich since I don't want to get my hands dirty while reading a book. :)

Do you tend to mark your books as you read, or does the idea of writing in books horrify you?

Writing in books is definitely a no-no for me! Unless it's just a little something at the first (cover) page.

How do you keep your place while reading a book? Bookmark? Dog-ears?

Bookmark. Though oftentimes, my bookmark seems to mysteriously disappear so I'm stuck with remembering the page number or searching for the part where I stopped.

Laying the book flat open?

NO. I'm very very OC when it comes to books.

Fiction, Non-fiction, or both?

They're both OK, but I prefer fiction.

Hard copy or audiobooks?

Hard copy

Are you a person who tends to read to the end of chapters, or are you able to put a book down at any point?

I usually read until the end of the chapters, unless, there's something urgent that I really have to do first.

If you come across an unfamiliar word, do you stop to look it up right away?

Not really. I'm too lazy to do that. :p

What are you currently reading?

Not really reading anything right now. I've kept my books away (need to resist!) cause this week is a very very crazy school week!

What is the last book you bought?

Oh.My.Gods. by Tera Lynn Childs

Are you the type of person that only reads one book at a time or can you read more than one at a time?

One at a time. For me, reading several at a time would be really confusing.

Do you have a favorite time of day and/or place to read?

I prefer to read in my room. As for the time, no particular preference.

Do you prefer series books or stand alone books?

I like them both, though sometimes it can get really frustrating waiting for the next book in a series to come out!

Is there a specific book or author that you find yourself recommending over and over?

Um, Persuasion by Jane Austen. And The Count of Monte Cristo by Alexandre Dumas

How do you organize your books? (By genre, title, author’s last name, etc.?)

Currently, they're arranged by the author's last name. :)

6 comments:

Book Chick City said...

Great to find out a little more about you. :)

ibeeeg said...

Fun Meme!

So, I have The Count of Monte Cristo on my to-read list. I plan on reading this fall. Wondering if I should go with the abridged version or go for full gusto and read the unabridged. Opinion?

austenfan said...

Hmm, I always go for the unabridged version cause I won't feel that I really read the book if I go for the shorter version. But then again, that's just me. :)

Marie Burton said...

I totally missed the 5 words or less thing too. What were we reading? I guess we just skipped to the questions.
My kids seems to like pulling bookmarks out of my books. Drives me nuts.

My answers are up at The Burton Review.

Alexia561 said...

I missed the "keep it short" directions as well. Like Marie, I must have gone straight to the questions! *L*

After years of being teased, I'm thrilled to find so many others who alphabatize their books by author's last name!

Enjoyed your answers!

Memory said...

I missed the five-word requirement too. :) At least we were both still brief, even if we weren't as brief as the BBAW organizers asked us to be!

Related Posts with Thumbnails