Sunday, September 13, 2009

In My Mailbox (3)

In My Mailbox is hosted by Kristi of The Story Siren

For this week, I only bought one book. And that's just fine since I still have a lot of TBR books. :)



A modern girl's comedic odyssey in a school filled with the descendants of Greek gods.
When Phoebe's mom returns from Greece with a new husband and moves them to an island in the Aegean, Phoebe's plans for her senior year and track season are ancient history. Now she must attend the uber exclusive academy, where admission depends on pedigree, namely, ancestry from Zeus, Hera, and other Greek gods. That's right, they're real, not myth, and their teen descendants are like the classical heroes -supersmart and superbeautiful with a few superpowers. And now they're on her track team! Armed only with her Nikes and the will to win, Phoebe races to find her place among the gods.

- I've been hearing good things about this one, I hope I enjoy it too. :)

****

Btw, I'm having my first giveaway for a copy of Cleopatra's Daughter here. Hope you can join in!

11 comments:

bookalicious said...

Hehe, I only got book this week too, also due to the massive and completely out of control TBR pile!

Kate said...

I have been meaning to read that. But I still have not bought it cause my TBR pile is so huge. Happy reading!

cat said...

I want to read this series! Hope you enjoy it!

So Many Books, So Little Time said...

This book is so much fun! Hope you enjoy it!

Lana said...

I read this one a while back and thought it was a lot of fun! Hope you enjoy.

Katie said...

I hadn't heard of this one yet, and somehow haven't seen it around but now I really want to hunt it down!

vampira2468 said...

Haven't heard anything about this series. Cute cover. Mine is here http://vampira2468.wordpress.com/

Ravenous Reader said...

Oh My Gods is such a great book and beginning to a cute series. I enjoyed how she interjected Greek mythology into everyday highschool clique's. Goddess Boot Camp is also a wonderful follow up

Jenn said...

That cover really caught my eye! It's adorable. (:
I'm definitely following now so I can read your review and see if I want to check it out myself. Have fun reading!

Rebecca said...

Great book. I really like the sound of this one. Hope you enjoy reading all your books.

vvb32 reads said...

this is such a cute one. love the glitter too.

BTW: you've just been awarded...
http://vvb32reads.blogspot.com/2009/09/who-loves-you-baby-award.html

Related Posts with Thumbnails