Thursday, October 1, 2009

Catching Fire - Suzanne Collins

*Spoilers for those who haven't read The Hunger Games*

Against all odds, Katniss Everdeen has won the annual Hunger Games with fellow district tribute Peeta Mellark. But it was a victory won by defiance of the Capitol and their harsh rules. Katniss and Peeta should be happy. After all, they have just won for themselves and their families a life of safety and plenty. But there are rumors of rebellion among the subjects, and Katniss and Peeta, to their horror, are the faces of that rebellion. The Capitol is angry. The Capitol wants revenge.

****

I know you've probably read a lot of other reviews of Catching Fire all saying the same thing - that they LOVE it and that it's even better than The Hunger Games. Well, the same goes for me. I am simply amazed with Suzanne Collins and how she can just keep on getting the plot more exciting and having readers on edge even more!

I love that every chapter of the book seems to always end (I'm pretty it's always) with something unexpected and major. Reading the book is an adventure - a heart-pounding, teeth-biting adventure at that, that even when I was aching to know what'll happen next, I was sad to see the book coming to an end. And end it did, as always (of course), with this cliffhanger that guarantees you'll be out getting a copy of the 3rd book as soon as it's released!

I'm telling you, it's the CLIFFHANGER OF ALL CLIFFHANGERS! (At least, for me. :D)

As for the Katniss-Peeta-Gale love triange, I'm happy to say I'm still on Team PEETA! Though of course, I must admit Gale's okay too. :p But still, Peeta is Peeta. *sigh* :)

Plot: 5/5
Writing: 5/5
Book Love: 5/5

10 comments:

okbolover said...

I just recently took out The Hunger games from the library. I can't wait to get to the second one. I've heard such great things about both books.

hmsgofita said...

I just bought both of these and am so excited to begin reading them!

I have an award for you

http://gofita.blogspot.com/2009/10/honest-scrap-award-and-others.html

GardenofEdee said...

I LOVED Catching Fire!! I'm about to (FINALLY) write my review. lol

GardenofEdee said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
austenfan said...

@okbolover: Can't wait to hear your thoughts about it!

@hmsgofita: Wow, thank you! Checking it out now. :)

@gardenofedee: Loved it too! :) I'll be looking for your review. LOL.

Krista said...

Oh, I am in love with these books so far! Collins is an excellent writter!

Ladytink_534 said...

I'm looking forward to the last one coming out and then I plan on reading them all at once. I don't think I've heard one bad review for either of these books so I can hardly wait!

austenfan said...

@Krista: I completely agree. Maybe I should try reading her other books, see if it's as good as this series. :)

@Ladytink: That way, you won't have to go and scream w/ impatience wondering what's gonna happen next. But can you really wait that long? *hehe*

The Book Obsession said...

I just finished Catching Fire this morning! Great review.

Go Team Peeta xD

~Lizzie

austenfan said...

@The Book Obsession:

Yay for Team Peeta! Seriously, I love that name! :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails