Hiya everyone! I have here today a fellow blogger and Once Upon A Week participant...
Bri from Bri Meets Books
So, on with the interview...
1. How long have you been blogging and what got you started in the first place?I've been blogging various places for years. Probably just a need to say something and somewhere to say it! I've been book blogging since 2007. What got me started in book blogging was I went to university, and left my long-standing job as a children's merchandise specialist at a bookstore. I missed the store, and more specifically the customers and recommending kids books to them. I started blogging to keep my passion for children's books alive.
2. So you're a big YA lover, what's your ultimate favorite YA book?That's a hard one. I have so many. Elsewhere by Gabrielle Zevin for its beauty and simplicity. Lessons from a Dead Girl for its ability to both shock you to the core and give you periods away from the heaviness. I don't know, honestly.
- I haven't read those books yet, but thanks for recommending it! I'm always up for a good YA book!
3. Aside from YA books, what other genres do you enjoy reading?General fiction. Children's lit and all that it contains: picture books, first readers, etc. A little bit of science fiction and fantasy. Urban fantasy is the more preferred. Social science, I love books about girl culture, and the media.
4. Ok, I always try to ask this question:
- I agree. Most would think of fairy tales as just plain stories for the kids, but really, most of the time, they contain way more depth than some of the contemporary fiction out there.
Thanks Bri! Want to know more about Bri? Head on over to her lovely blog and read some (or a lot) of her book reviews and author interviews! :)