Sunday, December 13, 2009

In My Mailbox (11)

Finally, a new IMM post! :)

*In My Mailbox is hosted by Kristi of The Story Siren*

I didn't get any YA books this week, instead, I bought:


Dark Lover (Black Dagger Brotherhood #1) by J. R. Ward

The only purebred vampire left on earth, Wrath has a score to settle with the slayers who murdered his parents centuries ago. But, when one of his most trusted fighters is killed-leaving his half-breed daughter unaware of his existence or her fate-Wrath must usher her into the world of the undead-a world of sensuality beyond her wildest dreams.

Everyone seems to have read this series so I got curious and decided to start on it. I've read it and I'm looking forward to the 2nd book. :)









The Little Giant of Aberdeen County by Tiffany Baker

Truly Plaice, an overly large and ungainly girl, is the polar opposite of her sister, Serena Jane, the epitome of feminine perfection. With their parents dead, Truly and Serena Jane are separated: Serena Jane to live a life of privilege as the future May Queen and Truly to live on the outskirts of town, the subject of constant abuse and humiliation. There, while Serena Jane’s beauty proves to be her biggest curse, Truly finds her calling—the ability to heal illness with herbs and naturopathic techniques—and, in reckoning with her demons, the possibility of love in unexpected places.

I've only seen positive reviews for this book... plus, the plot sounds interesting so I hope this'll be good. :)




What did you gals get this week? :)

8 comments:

Milka said...

Great books!
Happy reading! :)

ladystorm said...

Maybe I should try that series, I am a bit leary of JR Ward because I didn't like Covet, but maybe a vampire series would be different. :)

Diane said...

I so LOVED The Little Giant of Aberdeen County; hope u do too.

iluvhersheys_andbooks said...

I absolutely loved Dark Lover, the rest of the series is really great too!!! Hope you enjoy!!!
Chioma

Book Chick City said...

Dark Lover sounds good. Happy reading :)

So Many Books, So Little Time said...

I haven't read either of those, but I hope you enjoy tem anyway!

Juju at Tales of Whimsy.com said...

I can't wait to see what you think about book 2.

BrittLit said...

I keep checking out The Little Giant, but I have never gotten around to reading it. It'll be nice to see what you think.

Related Posts with Thumbnails