Sunday, January 24, 2010

In My Mailbox (13)

In My Mailbox is a weekly meme hosted at The Story Siren. :)

This week, I didn't buy anything (Yay! I'm learning to control myself. :p)

But I did get this from the mail (won from a contest):



Fallen by Lauren Kate

There's something achingly familiar about Daniel Grigori.

Mysterious and aloof, he captures Luce Price's attention from the moment she sees him on her first day at the Sword & Cross boarding school in sultry Savannah, Georgia. He's the one bright spot in a place where cell phones are forbidden, the other students are all screw-ups, and security cameras watch every move.

Even though Daniel wants nothing to do with Luce--and goes out of his way to make that very clear--she can't let it go. Drawn to him like a moth to a flame, she has to find out what Daniel is so desperate to keep secret . . . even if it kills her.

Dangerously exciting and darkly romantic, Fallen is a page turning thriller and the ultimate love story.

****

I've read mixed reviews about this one, so I'm not sure if I should read it right away. If you've read it, please do tell me what you thought of it (comment). :)

19 comments:

Becky said...

Fallen is just amazing. I love it. I am quite biased though. I have a bit of a thing for angels.

Lauren said...

I really liked Fallen, but I can see why some people have found it a little slow moving (not something that bothers me but I'm not sure how you feel about that).

Nina said...

I havent read it yet, but i am for sure going to read it in the next month. Hopefully. LOL.
Have fun reading the book!!

Shweta said...

Read mixed reviews too so wasn't sure but went ahead and read it . I loved it. I think you should give it a try and decide for yourself

Jenn (Books At Midnight) said...

Ohh, I reviewed this one and didn't really like it, but there have been tons of different views on Fallen. Hope you enjoy it, and I'll be looking forward to reading what you think! :)

Corrine said...

I haven't read this one yet either. I can't wait to though! I hope you enjoy it! :)

Bookalicious Ramblings said...

I haven't read it yet, but I've read far more good reviews than bad ones so I hope you enjoy it! And I love the cover!

Sarah said...

I really want to read this one so I hope you enjoy it :o)

Stephanie aka The Stark Raving Bibliophile said...

I haven't read it either, though I've seen mostly good reviews. I love your colorful blog template!

Brooke Reviews said...

I enjoyed fallen :) Hope you like it too!

untamed2893 said...

i haven't read it either even tho i've had the arc for months. looks like good reviews, so i guess ill need to make time for it.

inthehammockblog said...

This looks so good!! I can't wait to read it too! Enjoy!!!

Prerna said...

Fallen is just awesome.

austenfan said...

Great! Most of you liked Fallen so I'm gonna have to bump it up on my TBR list. :)

Juju at Tales of Whimsy.com said...

I haven't tried it yet. I can't wait to try it though.

ck.twilighter (Chasity) said...

WhOOoO!!!

Dont you just love winning books!!=)


http://chas-n-kai.blogspot.com/

Kathrin said...

Oh! I so want to get my hands on my own copy of Fallen :D But first I have to read a few more of my books here.
Enjoy it!

Lee Verday said...

It does have a splendid cover. Even nicer in person.

wdebo said...

Ooo Fallen, I want to read it, can't wait for your review!! I love th cover!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails