Sunday, January 3, 2010

In My Mailbox (12)

IMM is a weekly meme hosted by The Story Siren. :)

I haven't done an IMM post in a long time. I've acquired a lot of books since then so I'm only going to feature those that I got this week. :)

All bought. :)

Going Too Far by Jennifer Echols

All Meg has ever wanted is to get away. Away from high school. Away from her backwater town. Away from her parents who seem determined to keep her imprisoned in their dead-end lives. But one crazy evening involving a dare and forbidden railroad tracks, she goes way too far... and almost doesn't make it back.
John made a choice to stay. To enforce the rules. To serve and protect. He has nothing but contempt for what he sees as childish rebellion, and he wants to teach Meg a lesson she won't soon forget. But Meg pushes him to the limit by questioning everything he learned at the police academy. And when he pushes back, demanding to know why she won't be tied down, they will drive each other to the edge - and over...






Knocked Out by My Nunga-Nungas (Georgia Nicolson #3) by Louise Rennison

Georgia Nicolson is now the girlfriend of the Sex God (aka Robbie), and things are wonderful. Except her loony parents are dragging her off to Och Aye land (aka Scotland), and the Sex God's band's chance at a record contract has left her something of a "pop widow."
Then up rears temptation in the form of old flame Dave the Laugh. Is Georgia about to become a shameless vixen?










Pretties (Uglies #2) by Scott Westerfeld

Gorgeous. Popular. Perfect. Perfectly wrong.

Tally has finally become pretty. Now her looks are beyond perfect, her clothes are awesome, her boyfriend is totally hot, and she's completely popular. It's everything she's ever wanted.

But beneath all the fun -- the nonstop parties, the high-tech luxury, the total freedom -- is a nagging sense that something's wrong. Something important. Then a message from Tally's ugly past arrives. Reading it, Tally remembers what's wrong with pretty life, and the fun stops cold.

Now she has to choose between fighting to forget what she knows and fighting for her life -- because the authorities don't intend to let anyone with this information survive.



Poison Study by Maria V. Snyder

Murder, mayhem and magic...

Locked in a coffin-like darkness, there is nothing to distract me from my memories of killing Reyad. He deserved to die—but according to the law, so do I. Here in Ixia, the punishment for murder is death. And now I wait for the hangman's noose.

But the same law that condemns me may also save me. Ixia's food taster—chosen to ensure that the Commander's food is not poisoned—has died. And by law, the next prisoner who is scheduled to be executed—me—must be offered the position.

18 comments:

Sylvia said...

I want to buy Poison Study too, I've been hearing amazing things about it:) Where did you find a copy of it? I can't seem to find it anywhere!

austenfan said...

Hi Sylvia! Are you from the Philippines? I got it from Fully Booked at Bonifacio. It was the only copy left. :)

Book Crazy Jenn said...

OHHH Poison Study - that looks soo good, I cant wait to hear what you think - and I just finished Going Too Far and I really enjoyed it, I hope you enjoy all your reads!

Becky said...

I hear great things about Maria Synder's Poison series. I haven't read it myself. She is coming to London to do a book signing. It is very exciting. Hope you enjoy your books this week. Happy reading!

Sara said...

GOING TOO FAR and POISON STUDY are two of my favorite books ever! GOING TOO FAR is such an addicting love story... and, in a way, POISON STUDY, is too, but I simply love fantasy so that one pulled me in!

Nikki @ Bookizzle said...

I've heard such awesome things about Poison Study! I hope you enjoy it. And I definitely need to get my hands on Scott Westerfeld's Uglies series.

Happy reading!

I Want To Read That said...

I Loved Going too far - also really like the US covers for the Louise Rennison books. Hope you enjoy them all:)

Kathy Martin said...

I loved all the Study books by Maria V. Snyder. I'm looking forward to her new YA too. Going Too Far is on my TBR pile. Looks like I need to move it higher. Happy reading!

Laura (The Bookie Bunch) said...

Great books! Going Too Far and Poison Study are in my tbr pile!

Here's what I got this week: http://bookielaura.blogspot.com/2010/01/in-my-mailbox-1-3-10.html

Have a good one!

Raíla said...

GOING TOO FAR! *scream* I'm dying for this book, ok? Hhaha. Great books! Enjoy! :D

Sylvia said...

Yes I am:) Really! That's great, then there's a chance that there are more copies, somewhere (in their other branches)... thanks!

austenfan said...

@Sylvia: Hope you can find a copy! :)

Sylvia said...

I found one! Yay! But then I found out how much it cost. Yikes.:|

austenfan said...

Yep, I also hesitated in buying it then - it costs so much for a paperback! :( But I guess the urge to read it won in the end.

NotNessie said...

LOVED Poison Study. Hope you do, too.

Juju at Tales of Whimsy.com said...

The word nunga nunga makes me laugh :) Great list :)

bermudaonion said...

My husband loved the whole Uglies series - hope you do too!

Jenn (Books At Midnight) said...

Awesome books! I really liked Going Too Far and Uglies, and I absolutely LOVED Posion Study. Happy reading! :D

Related Posts with Thumbnails